So Ji-sub Profile: So Ji-sub Facts and Ideal Type
So Ji-sub (소지섭) is a South Korean actor, rapper, and model under 51k.
So Ji-sub Facts:
– He was born in Yongsan District, Seoul, South Korea.
– His hometown is Incheon, South Korea.
– He has an older sister who lives in Australia.
– Education: Shinkwang Elementary School, Kwangsung Middle School, Kwangsung High School, Korea National Sport University, Chungwoon University.
– He is best friends with actor Song Seung-heon.
– In 2019, he confirmed his relationship with former announcer and reporter Jo Eun-jung. They registered their marriage on July 7, 2020.
– He met his wife Jo Eun-jung through an interview to promote the movie “Be With You” in the SBS program “Night of TV Entertainment”.
– He trained to become a professional swimmer for 11 years.
– He won the bronze medal at the Korean National Games.
– When he was young, his parents got divorced.
– He is an introvert.
– He said that he was insecure in his childhood and teenage years.
– His ultimate favorite music genre is hip-hop.
– He started modeling because he wanted to see Kim Sung-jae, and also because it was the best way to earn good easy money.
– He was chosen as a model for jeans brand STORM, making his debut with it in 1995.
– He made his acting debut in the 1996 sitcom Three Guys and Three Girls alongside current best friend Song Seung-heon.
– He made his singing debut on August 13, 2008, with the release of his first single “고독한 인생”.
– He started gaining popularity after getting cast as the male second lead in Glass Slippers in 2002.
– He launched a magazine for his fans titled SONICe on March 14, 2012, with dating ideas, locations, favorite food, and books.
– He published his first photo essay collection, titled So Ji-sub’s Journey in 2010, covering stories over the past 13 years since his debut. In 2011, he published a second book of photo essays titled Only You with So Ji-sub focusing on playing his movie characters.
– He is the goodwill ambassador of Gangwon Province.
– A 51 kilometer-long trail in the Gangwon Province was named “So Ji-sub Road”, making him the first Korean actor to have an entire road named after him.
– He is the owner of the Apgujeong-dong branch of CJ Foodville’s A Twosome Place.
– He invests in foreign movies. [TF인터뷰]
– In his youth, he was a competitive swimmer. [koreaherald]
– So Ji-sub said that he has trouble approaching someone he wants to date, and ends up losing her just like his character Woo-jin in the drama “Be With You”. [koreaherald]
– When he finds out how to become a good actor, he thinks that’s the day when he’ll quit acting. [koreaherald]
– He met his first love in high school. [koreatimes]
– When asked what he thinks about a long-distance relationship he answered “love doesn’t have anything to do with distance. I’d fly anywhere for my girlfriend”. [OMV 2017]
– He wouldn’t do matching outfits with his significant other. [OMV 2017]
– For him, it’s easier to talk to each other while spooning than looking at her eyes. [OMV 2017]
– He doesn’t consider himself good at being sweet to his girlfriend. It’s hard for him. [OMV 2017]
– He is happier when his girlfriend hugs him rather than when he hugs her. [OMV 2017]
– He believes that a first impression is important. [OMV 2017]
– When asked if he believes in love at first sight he answered saying that if he finds her attractive at first sight/first impression he will gradually come to like her but if not, it was just not meant to be. [OMV 2017]
– Once he got used to seeing ghosts he isn’t scared of them.
– He doesn’t flinch at jump scares.
– He picks singing over dancing and is embarrassed to review his dancing videos.
– He never wants to go back in time as of 2017.
– His favorite nickname as of 2017 is “So Ganzi” which is also the name of his single released in 2015. [CNN Indonesia]
– If he could talk to himself in 1996 he wouldn’t give any advice about the future but instead say “It’ll be tough but if you work hard you could do it”. [CNN Indonesia]
– He picks acting over singing without hesitation. [CNN Indonesia]
– He picks sea over mountains, watching a movie at the cinema than at home, winter over summer, a phone call over messages, cafe over the club, intellectual over beautiful, and soju over beer. [CNN Indonesia]
– He seems stubborn from other people’s perspectives. [Yes/No Q&A]
– He doesn’t like seeing a messy home so keeps his clean. [Yes/No Q&A]
– He hates loneliness. [Yes/No Q&A]
– He doesn’t think that he can win a fight. [Yes/No Q&A]
– He isn’t aggressive, timid, outgoing, dexterous. [Yes/No Q&A]
– He doesn’t like smiling. [Yes/No Q&A]
– He isn’t a cry baby but some movies are able to make him shed a tear. [Yes/No Q&A]
– He doesn’t care about others’ opinions. [Yes/No Q&A]
– He likes challenges. [Yes/No Q&A]
– He is persistent, shy. [Yes/No Q&A]
– He prefers being alone instead of in the crowd. [Yes/No Q&A]
– He likes sweets like chocolate and cakes. [Yes/No Q&A]
– He doesn’t like cooking. [Yes/No Q&A]
– He doesn’t like acting cute. [Yes/No Q&A]
– When it comes to working out he likes and hates it at the same time. [Yes/No Q&A]
– He travels once a year.
– He does stretching exercises.
– He admitted that he cannot act freewheelingly in his own country since he’s living as an actor for a long time. That’s why he always wanted to try a lot of very simple things (nothing special) in other countries like wearing everyday clothes, holding hands with his girlfriend, kissing in public. He said he can’t do it in Korea because people recognize him even with a mask and hat on.
– He doesn’t care about his appearance.
– He visited New York, China, Cuba, Indonesia, Poland.
– Before, he really liked taking pictures.
– When it comes to photography, he really likes back and street shots.
– He said that just because a woman is in his picture, doesn’t mean she’s his type.
– He doesn’t like cramped places, they make him feel uncomfortable.
– He has an ear-piercing.
– For him, traveling is a source of comfort. It also helps him as an actor.
– He thought about marrying a celebrity but it doesn’t matter to him honestly. [Star Date]
– He used to think he should get married before 35 and in 2012 he changed it before 40. [Star Date]
– He would borrow money only to Song Seung-heon. [Star Date]
– When it was tough for him, he came to Song Seung-heon‘s house to sleep and eat. [Star Date]
– When asked why he wasn’t involved in any serious scandals he answered “because I stay home”. [Star Date]
– A lot of people remember him from the drama “I’m Sorry, I Love You” (2004). [Star Date]
– He wants the inscription on his tombstone to be “Actor So Ji-sub”. [Star Date]
– He’d like to work with Ha Jung Woo and Ryoo Seung Bum. [enewsworld]
– He dreamed of being a hotelier.
– He has tattoos on his arm and back.
– He collaborated with artists like Changmo, Woogie, Dong-Ha Chae, Bobby Kim, Mellow, Younha, Soul Dive.
– He writes lyrics.
– So Ji-sub’s Ideal Type: “It changes over time. Now I like someone who can understand my work and can communicate with me.” [CNN Indonesia 2017] Someone considerate, 168cm tall, age isn’t important. [Star Date 2012] “I’d like her to be understanding of what I do and to have a warm heart. I’d really like it if we shared the same dislikes rather than liked the same things. You don’t have to try when it comes to accommodating each other’s ‘likes,’ but it’s difficult to understand and take into consideration the other person’s ‘dislikes.’” [enewsworld 2011]
So Ji-sub in Music Videos:
“Goodbye Yesterday” by Turbo (1997)
“For You” by Roo Chan (1999)
“아름다운 날들” by Jang Hye-jin (2001)
“Mr. Flower” by Jo Sung-mo (2005)
“웃으며 안녕” by Soya N Sun (2010)
“Take” by Seo In-guk (2010)
So Ji-sub in Movies:
Confession (자백) | TBA – Yoo Min Ho
Alien (외계인) | TBA – unknown
Be with You (지금 만나러 갑니다) | 2018 – Jung Woo-jin
The Battleship Island (군함도) | 2017 – Choi Chil-sung
The Throne (사도) | 2015 – King Jeongjo (cameo)
A Company Man (회사원) | 2012 – Ji Hyeong-do
Always (오직 그대만) | 2011 – Jang Cheol-min
Sophie’s Revenge (菲常完美) | 2009 – Jeff
U-Turn | 2008 – Ji-sub (short film)
Rough Cut (영화는 영화다) | 2008 – Gang-pae
Kitaro and the Millennium Curse (ゲゲゲの鬼太郎 千年呪い歌) | 2008 – Yaksha
Can’t Live Without Robbery (도둑맞곤 못살아) | 2002 – Choi Kang-jo
So Ji-sub in Drama Series:
Terius Behind Me/My Secret Terrius (내 뒤에 테리우스) | MBC, 2018 – Kim Bon
Oh My Venus (오 마이 비너스) | KBS2, 2015~2016 – Kim Young-ho / John Kim
Warm and Cozy (맨도롱 또똣) | MBC, 2015 – Jeju Island restaurant owner (cameo, ep. 1)
One Sunny Day (좋은 날) | Line TV, 2014~2015 – Kim Ji-ho
Master’s Sun (주군의 태양) | SBS, 2013 – Joo Joong-won
Phantom (유령) | SBS, 2012 – Kim Woo-hyun / Park Gi-young
Road No. 1 (로드 넘버원) | MBC, 2010 – Lee Jang-woo
I am GHOST (아이 앰 고스트) | BeeTV, 2009 – Ghost
Cain and Abel (카인과 아벨) | SBS, 2009 – Lee Cho-in / Oh Kang-ho
I’m Sorry, I Love You (미안하다, 사랑한다) | KBS2, 2004 – Cha Moo-hyuk
Something Happened in Bali (발리에서 생긴 일) | SBS, 2004 – Kang In-wook
Thousand Years of Love General (천년지애) | SBS, 2003 – Guishil Ari / Kang In-chul
Glass Slippers (유리구두) | SBS, 2002 – Park Chul-woong
We Are Dating Now | SBS, 2002 – Choi Kyo-in
Law Firm (로펌) | SBS, 2001 – Choi Jang-goon
Delicious Proposal (맛있는 청혼) | MBC, 2001 – Jang Hee-moon
Long Way (먼길) | SBS, 2001 – Ki-hyun
Cheers for the Women (여자만세) | SBS, 2000 – Hwang Joon-won
Joa, Joa | SBS, 2000 – Park Ji-sub
Because of You | MBC, 2000 – Yoon Min-ki
Wang Rung’s Land | SBS, 2000 – Park Min-ho
MBC Best Theater episode 389: “Have You Ever Said ‘I Love You’?” | MBC, 2000 – Kyung-min
Love Story episode 6: “Miss Hip-hop & Mr. Rock” | SBS, 2000 – Oh Chul-soo
I Hate You, But It’s Fine | SBS, 1998 – Chul-min
MBC Best Theater episode 316: “What You Cherish Can Never Be Forgotten” | MBC, 1998 – Dong-woo
Model (모델) | SBS, 1997 – Song Kyung-chul
Three Guys and Three Girls (남자셋 여자셋) | MBC, 1996 – Kim Chul-soo
profile made by ♡julyrose♡
Note: Please don’t copy-paste the content of this page to other sites/places on the web. If you use info from our profile, please kindly put a link to this post. Thanks a lot! – Kprofiles.com
(Special thanks to: jisub aholic, totallysojisub)
You may also like: So Ji-sub Discography
Latest Korean Release:
Do you like So Ji-sub? Do you know more facts about him? Feel free to comment below.