D.O’s “Somebody” has entered MelOn charts and gained the love of EXO-Ls across online communities!
Read the full story below.
EXO D.O’s ‘Somebody’ Debuts on MelOn’s Hot 100 + Eris Cheer On Idol’s Highly Anticipated Return to K-pop
D.O is making waves with his new album!
On September 18, D.O officially released his second mini album “Expectation” along with its title track “Somebody.” The music video for “Somebody” was also dropped on the same day, exciting many Eris after it was released on YouTube.
“Somebody” contains elements of a pop folk song that features the genuine emotions of D.O’s vocals, while being accompanied by the track’s acoustic guitar instrumental. According to its lyrics, it tells a story about a person’s unconditional acceptance.
Watch the full MV for “Somebody” here:
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN: EXO DO To Make Solo Comeback With 2nd Mini-Album – Will It Surpass ‘Empathy’?
With D.O’s much-awaited comeback being a hot topic in the fandom, Eris couldn’t contain their happiness and expressed how good the song was. They commented:
- “D.O, Kyungsoo, please sing for a long time. You’re telling me it’s a love song? Seriously, I’m so freaking happy.”
- “Wow, it’s nice, the characters in the MV remind me of a campus couple.”
- “Ah, the music video had my heart fluttering. What is this?”
- “The song is too good. I wanted something like this, so it’s a shame they didn’t release something like this earlier.”
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: EXO D.O. ‘Empathy’ Setlist: Singer Releases Highlight Medley, DAY6 Jae Revealed to Have Co-Composed One Song
During the discussion, fans also noticed that “Somebody” had entered MelOn’s Hot 100 chart. They also recommended everyone to listen to all of the album’s songs which are perfect for fall season.
- “It’s so good when you listen to it along with the side tracks.”
- “It’s seriously perfect to listen for today’s weather.”
- “The MV looked like a movie, I liked it so much.”
In a separate platform, fans also complimented D.O for showcasing more of his talent, style, and creativity in the new album. Others pointed out the idol’s calm personality that reflected his music, and that “Expectation” had surpassed his previous album “Empathy.”
- “One thing about D.O is that he’ll always slay the vocal department.”
- “D.O has a calm personality, and his music reflects that. The song is also nice since it matches the season perfectly.”
- “Kyungsoo never disappoints and I’m glad I trust his music choice. I’m so happy that we got a masterpiece that dethroned ‘Empathy.'”
- “He seriously knows what kind of music he wants to perform, as he is also good at picking songs. The album has an indie feel to it.”
What do you think of D.O’s new music? Which songs on the album are your favorites? Let us know in the comments below!
Read KpopStarz for more K-pop news.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: EXO DO Has Priceless Reaction to MAMAMOO Hwasa’s ‘Maria’ Performance – Why is GOT7 Jackson Being Mentioned?
KpopStarz owns this article
Written by Riely Miller