Following the release of “Perfect Night,” LE SSERAFIM Kim Chaewon’s new look drew attention due to her uncanny resemblance with aespa Winter.
Is she really copying the idol?
LE SSERAFIM Kim Chaewon Returns With New Look
On October 16, Kim Chaewon, LE SSERAFIM’s leader, temporarily halted her activities due to health issues.
According to Source Music, the idol, who had type A influenza, suffered from its after-effects. Thus, the medical staff advised her to rest a little more until she recovers.
ALSO READ: LE SSERAFIM Kim Chaewon’s Epic Comeback Reignites the Stage Amidst Fake News Chaos
Ten days after her hiatus, Kim Chaewon announced the resumption of activities, just in time with the release of LE SSERAFIM’s new single “Perfect Night,” on October 27.
On November 1, Kim Chaewon had her first activities in the US, and fans were truly happy to see her bright face and healthier aura.
On that day, she also shared her selfies, flaunting her new hairstyle. Before her temporary break, she showed mid-length hair with full bangs, but this time, she showed off long hair and hime cut.
Chaewon also garnered praises for her doll-like beauty wearing a neat white long sleeves with a tie outfit.
Kim Chaewon Draws Divided Opinions for ‘Copying’ aespa Winter, Fans Defend Idols
Amid FEARNOTs (LE SSERAFIM fandom) delight that Chaewon is back, they were met with another issue after the idol was accused of imitating aespa Winter again.
Kim Chaewon and Winter often become a hot topic in the past for their twin-like visuals and similar facial features.
The rumor began after both tried the same peach-like makeup and bob cut.
But the supposed harmless coincidence sparked absurd controversy after Kim Chaewon was seen sporting the same mid-length hairstyle, hair color and white dress after Winter.
Some claimed that it wasn’t cute and fascinating anymore, claiming that Chaewon is purposely imitating Winter.
Recently, Chaewon was once again seen having the same hime cut hair for “Perfect Night,” the same hairstyle Winter had when she was actively promoting “Thirsty” in May.
When it spread online, some netizens agreed saying:
- “So I’m not the only one who feels it. After Winter had short hair and brown hair, Chaewon had short hair and brown hair, too. When winter did short hair and black hair, Chaewon also had short hair and black hair.”
- “To be honest, it’s so obvious that it’s embarrassing. If you’re curious about what hairstyle Kim Chaewon will do, just look at what hairstyle Winter is doing.”
- “Does Kim Chaewon even have her own personality? Do you also imitate her personality?”
- “It’s not like it happened once or twice, but it kept on happening.”
Amid criticism, FEARNOTs jumped in defense of Chaewon and wrote comments:
“Chaewon used to have short and long hair when she was in IZ*ONE. Who are all the female celebrities with brown hair following?”
“But Chaewon has had brown and long hair since Produce 48 though?”
“No, to be honest, Chaewon is not at the level to imitate anyone… She is the most popular in LE SSERAFIM. Is she copying her? It just feels similar.”
MYs also defended Winter who was being dragged into the issue, saying:
- “This post doesn’t speak for all MYs.”
- “Why would you (OP) create unnecessary drama between the two fandoms again?”
- “Just stop it. It’s embarrassing that the two artists were friends but both fandoms keep on talking ill about them.”
READ MORE: LE SSERAFIM Chaewon Accused of ‘Imitating’ aespa Winter Following THIS Photo
For more K-Pop news and updates, keep your tabs open here at KpopStarz.
KpopStarz owns this article.
Written by Eunice Dawson.